30. INFANTERIE-DIVISION - IMPRESSION GUIDELINES
- Stahlhelm (Helmet) - M35, M40, styles are all acceptable.. Apfelgrune or Pea Green paint with Heer style double decals are required.
NOTE: NO M42 HELMETS PERMITTED
- Feldmutze (Cap) - M34 caps are the preferred style of cap, . Must have correct BEVO insignia.
- Feldbluse (Tunic) - M36 Feldblusen is preferred. M40 tunics are also acceptable. Must have litzen, chest eagle and shoulderboards.
NOTE: NO UNIT SPECIFIC INSIGNIA ALLOWED, NO CUFF TITLES, NO SHOULDERBOARD CYPHERS. NO POST-1942 DECORATIONS SHOULD BE WORN.
- Hosen (Trouser) - M40 Hosen are the preferred style of trouser, however Steingrau M37 trousers are also acceptable..
- Hemd (Shirt) - Grey knit service shirt preferred, however correct 1940’s pattern civillian shirts are also allowed.
- Jumper (Sweater) - Grey V-Neck style sweater is preferred, however correct 1940’s pattern civilian sweaters are also allowed. - Sweaters are not required but strongly recommended.
- Marschsteifel (jackboots) - Jackboots are the only style of footwear permitted for this event. Soviet captured boots will be allowed on a case by case basis. German boots must have leather soles, hobnails and heel plates.
NOTE: LOW BOOTS ARE NOT PERMITTED. FELT BOOTS ARE ALLOWED, BUT NOT PREFERRED.
- Mantel (Greatcoat) - M36 and M40 Mantels are the preferred style, however M36 pattern will be allowed in limited numbers. - The Mantel is the #1 preferred piece of winter clothing for all attendees.
- Handschuhe (Gloves) - Grey wool issued gloves are preferred. However “trigger mittens” and any correct civilian pattern glove are also acceptable.
- Toque (Headscarf) - Grey wool issue toque or scarf is preferred, however correct wool civilian scarves are also acceptable.
NOTE: WEAR APPROPRIATE FIELD GEAR FOR YOUR RANK! MAPCASES, PISTOLS AND BINOCULARS ARE ONLY AUTHORIZED FOR OFFICERS AND NCO’S.
- Koppel (Belt) - Leather or web belt acceptable with Heer belt buckle.
- Munitiontaschen (Ammo Pouches) - One pair for anyone carrying a 98K.
- Gasmaske (Gas Mask/Canister) - Gas mask not required, but Gas Mask Canister absolutely required. - Gas cape bag not required, but strongly preferred.. - Numbering your field gear, especially gas mask canisters, mess tins and canteen cups is highly recommended.
- Bayonet (Bayonet with Frog) - Leather or web style frogs are both acceptable.
- Spaten (Shovel) - German straight e-tools or Czech variants are acceptable. No folding e-tools permitted.
- Brotbeutel (Bread bag) - NOTE: NO LUFTWAFFE BREADBAGS!
- Feldflasche (Canteen) - Must include cover, cup, and strap
- Kochgeschirr (Mess tin) - To include a leather strap to attach to breadbag.
- Zeltbahn (Shelter quarter) - Splinter pattern. This event gets wet, you’ll be glad you brought it. - It is preferred if not worn over the uniform it is worn on the belt.
- Decke (Blanket) - Grey wool issue blanket preferred, however other period correct blankets are allowed in limited numbers.
- Tornister “Affe” Pack (Pack) - Although it is not required, it is recommended you bring a pack because you won’t be leaving the line.. - The blanket can be rolled around the pack and secured with tornister straps.
- Mauser 98k - Should be the main weapon carried by most people in the unit.
- MP-40 - Original or SSR BFONG, Indy Ordnance, DunRite or Schossler's only.
- MG-34 - Original or TNW
- Soviet PPsh-41 - Original, Indy Ordnance or BFONG
NOTE: NO PPS-43, NO EXCEPTIONS!