14. PANZER-DIVISION - IMPRESSION GUIDELINES
- Stahlhelm (Helmet) - M35, M40, styles are all acceptable. M40 with single decal is preferred. Double decals allowed in limited numbers. - Helmet nets, intertube bands, breadbag straps and correct style chicken wire are acceptable for camo.
NOTE: NO M42 HELMETS PERMITTED
- Feldmutze (Cap) - M34 caps are the preferred style of cap, . Must have correct BEVO insignia.
- Feldbluse (Tunic) - M36 Feldblusen is preferred. M40 tunics are also acceptable. Must have litzen, chest eagle and shoulderboards.
NOTE: NO UNIT SPECIFIC INSIGNIA ALLOWED, NO CUFF TITLES, NO SHOULDERBOARD CYPHERS. NO POST-1942 DECORATIONS SHOULD BE WORN.
- Hosen (Trouser) - M40 Hosen are the preferred style of trouser, however Steingrau M37 trousers are also acceptable..
- Hemd (Shirt) - Grey knit service shirt preferred, however correct 1940’s pattern civillian shirts are also allowed.
- Jumper (Sweater) - Grey V-Neck style sweater is preferred, however correct 1940’s pattern civilian sweaters are also allowed. - Sweaters are not required but strongly recommended.
- Marschsteifel (Low boots or jackboots) - Jackboots boots are strongly preferred over jackboots, however low-boots will be allowed. in VERY limited numbers - Must have leather soles, hobnails and heel plates.
NOTE: FELT BOOTS ARE ALLOWED, BUT NOT PREFERRED.
- Mantel (Greatcoat) - M36 and M40 Mantels are the preferred style, however M36 pattern will be allowed in limited numbers. - The Mantel is the #1 preferred piece of winter clothing for all attendees. These were seen in higher numbers than any other article of winter clothing from the beginning of the war to the end. The preferred look for this event is field gear worn over muddy mantels.
- Handschuhe (Gloves) - Grey wool issued gloves are preferred. However “trigger mittens” and any correct civilian pattern glove are also acceptable.
- Toque (Headscarf) - Grey wool issue toque or scarf is preferred, however correct wool civilian scarves are also acceptable.
NOTE: WEAR APPROPRIATE FIELD GEAR FOR YOUR RANK! MAPCASES, PISTOLS AND BINOCULARS ARE ONLY AUTHORIZED FOR OFFICERS AND NCO’S.
- Koppel (Belt) - Leather or web belt acceptable with Heer belt buckle.
- Munitiontaschen (Ammo Pouches) - One pair for anyone carrying a 98K. A single pouch and a G43 pouch for anyone with a G43.
- Koppeltragegestell (Y-Straps) - Leather or web style are both acceptable.
- Gasmaske (Gas Mask/Canister) - Gas mask not required, but Gas Mask Canister absolutely required. - Gas cape bag not required, however, if used, it must be attached to can and not strap. - Numbering your field gear, especially gas mask canisters, mess tins and canteen cups is highly recommended.
- Bayonet (Bayonet with Frog) - Leather or web style frogs are both acceptable.
- Spaten (Shovel) - Straight or Folding shovel acceptable. Folding type is preferred. - “Ersatz” style shovel carriers are acceptable.
- Brotbeutel (Bread bag) - NOTE: NO LUFTWAFFE BREADBAGS!
- Feldflasche (Canteen) - Must include cover, cup, and strap
- Kochgeschirr (Mess tin) - To include a leather strap to attach to breadbag.
- Zeltbahn (Shelter quarter) - Splinter pattern. This event gets wet, you’ll be glad you brought it. - It is preferred if not worn over the uniform it is worn on the belt and not on an a-frame.
- Decke (Blanket) - Grey wool issue blanket preferred, however other period correct blankets are allowed in limited numbers.
- Rucksack or Tornister “Affe” Pack (Pack) - Although it is not required, it is recommended you bring a pack because you won’t be leaving the line. - Rucksacks or Tornisters are both allowed as they were seen in mixed numbers during this time. - The blanket can be rolled around the pack and secured with tornister straps.
- A-Frame - To be worn on the back with mess tin and zeltbahn.
In short bring standard infantry/pioneer equipment as per your impression. This is the perfect opportunity to bring out your A-frame. Do not weigh yourself down with too much gear that you won’t use. The terrain will be exhausting enough and many original photos show guys wearing fairly light combat loads. You will be eating in the field as your unit finds or makes time.
- Mauser 98k - Should be the main weapon carried by most people in the unit.
- Mauser G41 - Allowed to be used as a substitute for Mauser 98k.
- MP-40 - Original or SSR BFONG, Indy Ordnance, DunRite or Schossler's only.
- MG-34 - Original or TNW
- MG-42 - Original, Wise Lite or Indy Ordnance BFONG
- Soviet PPsh-41 - Original, Indy Ordnance or BFONG
NOTE: NO PPS-43, NO EXCEPTIONS!