28TH INFANTRY DIVISION - IMPRESSION GUIDELINES
- Helmet- Front seam, correct paint, infantry chin strap, and liner. No airborne liners. - (OPTIONAL) 28th ID insignia may be painted on the front of the helmet. (Not trimmed in white, this was not done until 1945.) - Note: Medic helmets should be “four panel” style, with four white circle and red cross on each side
- (OPTIONAL) ¼ inch knotted or woven helmet net
- (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED) Woolen jeep cap - Must be original or high quality reproduction
- Mustard wool trousers with OD3 issue belt.
- Mustard wool shirt - 28th ID insignia on shirt is optional but recommended.
- WWII green tank top or white 40’s style crew neck T-shirt. No modern white T-shirts.
- M41 Jacket - 28th ID patch is allowed to be worn on the left shoulder but not required. - Although the M41 is strongly preferred, we will allow limited numbers of Mackinaws and Tanker jackets. NEW: Note: M43 Jackets will be allowed in VERY limited numbers. If you have both an M41 and an M43, bring the 41.
- M1938 Leggings - Must be the right size, and worn properly, as to be very tight to the calf.
- “Roughout” service shoes - Although the “Roughout” is the style we’d like to predominately see, some Type II service shoes and double buckle boots will be allowed in limited numbers.
- (OPTIONAL) Raincoat or Hoodless poncho.
- (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED) Wool overcoat
- (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED) Wool leather palm gloves and wool glove liners
Note: Must be a reasonable combination of the following for the weapon you carry. OD3 and OD7 are acceptable. All field gear must be original or QUALITY reproduction (no puke yellow).
- M1910/1923 Canteen and Cover
- M1923 Cartridge Belt
- M1928 Haversack NO jungle packs, M44 or M45 packs. - A blanket roll and an M6 Gas mask bag or GP bag can serve as a substitue for the M1928 pack.
- M1910 Entrenching tool and cover -M1943 E-tool or Pick Mattock is also acceptable.
- USGI wool blanket - Carried in your haversack or on a blanket roll
- (OPTIONAL) M1 Bandoleer (We recommend anyone with a Garand bring at least two)
- (OPTIONAL) M6 Lightweight gas mask bag
- (OPTIONAL) GP ammo bag
- (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED) Shelter half
- (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED) M1938 Dismounted raincoat
- M1 Garand - This will be the primary weapon we’d like to see carried, if you have any questions or will be carrying anything else, please let us know. This is a rifle company. We expect to see most of you with M1 rifles.
- M1 Carbine - This will be limited to use on weapons teams, NCO’s and Officers.
- M3 Grease Gun - This will be limited to use on weapons teams, NCO’s and Officers.
- BAR - We will have at least one BAR per infantry platoon, ideally two.
- M 1928/ M1/ M1A1 Thompson- correct barrel length. No drum magazines
- M1911A1 - This will be limited to use on weapons teams, NCO’s and Officers.